Common Core Mission Statement
The Common Core State Standards provide a consistent, clear understanding of what students are expected to learn, so teachers and parents know what they need to do to help them. The standards are designed to be robust and relevant to the real world, reflecting the knowledge and skills that our young people need for success in college and careers. With American students fully prepared for the future, our communities will be best positioned to compete successfully in the global economy.
The following links are great resources for information on implementing the CCSS. Included are general sites as well as sites with rubrics, lesson plans, graphic organizers, and loads of other resources.
This site is home to the official website of the CCSS. You can find the standards for each subject and grade level as well as great resources.
- Partnership for the Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers (PARCC)
- Overview of the Partnership for the Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers (PPT)
- Race to the Top Assessment Proposal Summary (PDF)
- Now What? Imperatives and Options for "Common Core" Implementation and Governance (PDF)
by Thomas B. Fordham Institute
- SMARTER Balanced Assessment Consortium (SBAC)
- A Summary of Core Components (PDF)
by SMARTER Balanced Assessment Consortium
- SMARTER Balanced Assessment Consortium flow chart (PDF)